Friday 10 July 2015

Summer school at EF

 Above is my teaching schedule for the next 3 weeks for the first half of the summer camp.
My first class starts on Monday with Reading Science - yep you read that correctly I have to teach science to a group of teenagers. We only received the content yesterday so I went in early to get familiar with the topic and the experiments we would be doing. Although, I haven't done science for many years I think this is going to be an interesting class to present. For the first hour I am teaching about the different layers of the earth and the second hour will be based on earth's resources. I have found a couple of cool experiments on Pinterest and I hope I will be able to find the ingredients here, so after I post this I will be heading down to Walmart (10 minute walk away) to check out their supplies. The other classes I have are Meet the World with kids around 11 years and then phonics (Sound and Word Adventure) for the smallest kids with the youngest being 4 years old.

Training has been intense but really thorough at English First and I am really enjoying my time here. We have a number of EF schools in Tianjin and I am based in TJ4. Our foreign teachers come from Canada, USA, England, Ireland and South Africa (and now NZ!) and everyone gets on really well. Some have been living here for as long as six years and have made their home in China while the most recent (excluding me) has been here for six months. We also have a number of local Chinese teachers who we co-teach with, administrators who are busy dealing with the parents and keeping the school running smoothly and the sales staff who have targets to meet. All in all, it's a small but tight knit and hard working group.


My school TJ4

My desk


No comments:

Post a Comment