Friday 29 May 2015

A wee surprise on Memorial Day

Well, I almost made it through 7 weeks without needing to use a squat toilet. But that was all about to change last week after a trip into the city for dinner.  I was invited to a place called DC American Kitchen on Memorial Day (kind of like our ANZAC day in New Zealand but for Americans).  There was one American, a Filipino, a German and me - lol.  I had tacos and it was so good to eat something familiar again. The highlight for me was the sour cream and having a fresh salad. I hadn't had these since I was back in New Zealand.

 As I was in an American style restaurant owed by an American, I wandered off to the bathroom none the wiser.....until I opened the door. I quickly shut the door again contemplating my next move. Could I find another bathroom close by? No. Was I desperate to go? YES. The restaurant manager must have seen the horrified look on my face and wanted to know if I was ok. I quickly realised that there was no way out of this and like Nike says 'just do it'. At least the bathroom was spotless which was a bonus. On a positive note, it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be and now that gets a big tick off my bucket list!

No comments:

Post a Comment