Monday 4 May 2015

Boxing at The Maple

The Maple
Yesterday, the local expat bar in Wenzhou, The Maple (run by a couple of Canadians) decided to open early for all those wanting to watch the Mayweather and Pacquio fight. Even though I am not much of a boxing fan, the fact that a group of English speaking expats were getting together was enough for me to get back on the bus to Wenzhou and meet some new people.

There was probably a good thirty people who arrived, mainly Americans either teaching English like me or studying or teaching at the local English speaking University. It was good to make a few contacts and to know that others that had been here much longer than me knew just as little of the language than I do! 

It was a great opportunity to find out where these guys were teaching, how well their school looked after them and their motivation to come here. I was the newbie of the group, as I have only been here for four weeks. Others had been here six months, while a few had been here for years. It was funny talking to some of the teachers at the private training schools as they would have as little is 6-15 in their classes. I have up to 50!
Watching the fight
Waiting for the fight to begin







No comments:

Post a Comment