Saturday 23 May 2015

Back at the doctors

It was bound to happen. I hadn't been feeling well for the last couple of weeks with stomach cramps and frequent trips to the loo, so I decided it was time to visit the doctor again. The problem? My enthusiasm to try all the weird and wonderful food that China has to offer, instead of taking it slowly. 

As you can see I received a nice array of pills with these little glass viles that I was told to have two in a glass of water after each meal. Once I got home, I couldn't figure out how to open them. There was no cap or opening, just glass. So being the bright spark that I am, I decided to get a sharp knife and cut the top off with one clean blow. Well, just imagine the sound of smashing glass and then blood everywhere as I managed to slice one of my fingers in the process. Thankfully, I brought a couple of plasters over from New Zealand but these were woefully inadequate as my finger began to bleed through them. Typical!

After giving up and deciding to put the viles back into their box, I noticed the word injection on it. Umm was I meant to have it injected? I spoke to my Chinese friend who went to the doctors with me and she confirmed that the doctor said I was to drink it. Anyway, I decided they are better off staying in their box out of harms way and took the pills instead.

Going to the doctors only cost me 15 yuan (just over $3) for everything, and there was no appointment or waiting time either!

No comments:

Post a Comment